Monday, January 20, 2014

Frozen Party

Hi friends. I know it has been a while. I got caught up with Christmas and then my little one's first birthday. Usually I have a massive celebration for birthdays but this year we decided to change things up. We had a very small low key gathering with about 10 adults and 6 kids. We really wanted to celebrate the child with out the stress for us and overwhelming feelings for her. My second child is far more introverted than my first and gets overwhelmed with noise and too many people.

Since Frozen is a new movie, not too many ready made items are available. So, I had to come up with my own. I started with my dessert display. I picked up a fabric panel from Etsy. I mounted it on a foam board to use as my back drop. The "One" letters were on sale fr $1.50 each at Hobby Lobby. I stuck them in various milk glass containers and added uncooked rice. I figured this was easier than mounting on wood because I want to reuse the letters for other words (think NOEL).
I made my own pennant banner with fabric to match Anna's dress. The Frozen fabric is from Joanne's.


The buffet included blueberry yogurt pretzels, dipped Madeleines, dipped Oreos and Twinkies (just because). The framed paper doll photos are from a very talented person, Cory. She generously shares her paper dolls on Facebook and lets us print them for free. The frames are in the $2 bin at Michael's





 Party favors are Martha Stewart snowflake favor boxes with free printable tags found here : http://www.weeshare.net/2013/12/frozen-toys-frozen-kids-meals-and-free-printable-frozen-gift-tags.html

No party is complete without a pinata.
 Last but not least is the cake. There were no ready made cakes with Frozen. I bought the figurines from the Disney Store. The cake was a marble cake with custard and banana filling and a whipped cream icing from ALBERTSON's. It is really tasty. I highly recommend it.

You can check out some of my other ideas on my Frozen Pinterest board. http://www.pinterest.com/31wifefolife/frozen/
 Until next time friends.

Nicole

15 comments:

  1. You didn't happen to save the gift tags, did you? They are no longer available to print off the the original site =( I was hoping to print them out and use them for food labels for a party this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did! Send me an email and I will send you the pdf. Nicole

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Help! I also would like the tags for a party this week! please my email is ms_val22@yahoo.com please revelation21four

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed you from the original post. If you still have the tags, can I get them emailed to me, too? What's your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use them too if it's not too much trouble. My email address is sitaag@hotmail.com. Adorable headband on the birthday girl, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too please??! tags pretty please :) justcausetl@gmail.com thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you also send me the tags as well? lee_mai@hotmail.com. Great party ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.scribd.com/doc/227294670/Frozen-Blank-Gift-Tags

      Delete
  8. please share PDF tags with me too at katums15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love the PDF gift tags too please kyliepalstra@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.scribd.com/doc/234172607/Frozen-Blank-Gift-Tags

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the piƱata! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinata is from Down Town Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete