Monday, September 23, 2013

Home Tour

So all these great blogger do home tours. I am actually in the process of moving. Our house sold recently so I am getting the house all packed away. This house was our first home. Before we moved in, we gut the whole place.


 Come on in folks.




Here is my beautiful kitchen (my favorite room in the house).  We had new cabinets put in. There used to be a pass through window but we had it knocked down and extended the counter so week could use it as a an eating area as well. (there is my "enjoy" sign on top of my fridge)


Then there is the dining area. We hung a contemporary brushed chrome light fixture and a big mirror. I staged the dining area with vintage 1940's milk glass plates. My buffet has two Fenton vintage hobnail cake platters and a Mosser glass vintage style cake platter that you can still find today. I found mine on ebay the seller is  Liveforhim2012 (love the Jesus reference). 


Here is my living room. The fire place was brick we had it refaced and put a 6 foot mantle. We also have a built in that I designed. I use plenty of milk glass in my decorating to offset my dark furniture. I love milk glass. 


The first room is our office and craft room. I sew in here. That yellowish piece is a vintage record holder. I use it for storing fabric. 
Here are my kids' rooms. Two tone paint and a chair rail with a chandelier for added fanciness. The nursery I never quite finished. I used to be a guest room. My vision was a vintage style nursery. But I basically rocked what I got.

The Master Bedroom. I never got around to hanging anything on the walls because I was always afraid we would have an earthquake and all the frames would come crashing down on us. 
Here is our master bathroom. See the little bath tubs on the toilet? They all broke. The hooks on top of them fell and all the bath tubs crashed on the tile. I guess my mini bathtub collection is not meant to be.

Now let me get real with all of you reading this. These pictures of my house are from a massive clean up to get it ready for an open house. Before you all ooh and ahh at how this can pass as model home clean, let me give you the honest truth. We took all our clutter and stuffed them in laundry baskets in the garage. Here is what my home looks like on any given day :

Until next time friends.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment