Monday, September 30, 2013

The Man's Birthday

For those of you who are keeping up, I am trying to blog twice a week. So, watch out for posts on Monday and Wednesday mornings.

Today, I am show casing the dessert table I did for hubby's birthday. The party was a surprise party so I was able to get my decorating on way before the party by choosing fall colors. I hit up the 99 cent store for the ceramic owl (piggy bank) and the vase fillers. I also found some awesome orange and gray chevron fabric to use for my backdrop and serve as my color palette for the party.



I don't believe in reinventing the wheel so, I usually search for free printable to meet my needs. I found the gray happy birthday pennant banner here: http://hellobrielle.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/happy-birthday-banner/. I printed it and attached it to twine with some small clothes pins that I found at Daiso. I usually just pin my banners because I am too lazy to punch holes, it is faster, and looks good.


I envisioned cover my backdrop with several paper rosettes. But the truth is, I did not have the time. I needed to cook for the party. I used this tutorial: http://www.howdoesshe.com/chic-paper-rosette-backdrop-tutorial/ After making the first three, I decided I needed to allocate my time better.

The birthday cake was decorated with another free printable:
http://www.karaspartyideas.com/2011/11/free-mini-cake-pennant-bunting-for.html


That's it folks. This one is a quickie because I need to pack my house and go. Until next time my friends.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment